- Alan Walker To Perform at 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Norway [DETAILS]
- Beenie Man roped in as 'Apa Hauna Cash' brand ambassador
- Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 4 torrent surfaces on The Pirate Bay, amid virus FEARS
- PICTURES: Zodwa Wabantu Bares It All In Bulawayo-ZimEye
- Did Chris Pratt Cheat On Anna Faris With Jennifer Lawrence? 3 Big Rumors On Why They're Separating
'Thor: Ragnarok' Tracking for Thunderous $90M-$100M Debut
Courtesy of Marvel Studios
Chris Hemsworth returns in the titular role, while Mark Ruffalo shows up as the Hulk.
Marvel Studios and Disney's Thor: Ragnarok is tracking to open to a thunderous $90 million-$100 million in its North American debut over the Nov. 3-5 weekend.
The threequel, with Chris Hemsworth returning in the titular role, is directed by acclaimed New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi.
Thor: Ragnarok sees the Asgardian god team up with his brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and his pal Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) to fight the goddess of death, Hela, played by Cate Blanchett. Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins also star.
If tracking is correct, Thor 3 will open ahead of the first Thor ($65.7 million) and Thor: The Dark World ($85.7 million), no small feat at a time when many franchise installments are struggling.
Thor: Ragnarok is the 17th title in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Combined, the films have grossed $12.6 billion at the global box office.
And in April, the debut of the first Thor: Ragnarok trailer smashed Disney and Marvel Studios' records with more than 136 million views worldwide, ahead of both Beauty and the Beast (127 million) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (112 million).Box Office Updates [email protected] PamelaDayM